My passions are delivering genuine care, communicating effectively, and cultivating the leader within each of us.
Education: B.S. in Corporate Communications, UT-Austin; Mediation & Facilitation Certification, UT Conflict Resolution Center
As a Project Coordinator, Laurena facilitates effective communication with TradeMark's clients—helping ensure their needs are met at each phase of the project. She also integrates Web content and trains clients on how to most effectively manage their new website after it launches.
Laurena is a logistical ninja. Before joining TradeMark Media, she managed large professional development workshops at Entera+Partners Consulting. For the last couple of years, she's worked with Christ Together Greater Austin to coordinate and promote their popular "Love...Where You Live: The Art of Neighboring" citywide initiative.
At her core, Laurena believes everyone deserves soulful connections. That's why she earned her Life Coaching Certification from the Institute of Leadership Development in Fort Mill, South Carolina. She is passionate about coordinating events where young adults can connect and grow together. She regularly provides personal and professional coaching to young adults using her own handbooks.
- Connecting people!
- Hugs! (Her favorite group hug is called "The Jelly Roll")
- Listening to someone's life story
- Coordinating special events or surprise birthday activities
- Lovely restaurants (Launderette, Blue Dahlia, Tiny Boxwoods)
- Traveling—anytime, anywhere
- People who leave shopping carts in the parking lot instead of taking them back to the corral
- Ice cream with freezer burn
- When someone mumbles on the phone
- Traveled to five countries in one year: Dominican Republic, Mexico, Greece, Honduras, and Mexico (again)
- One of the shortest people to be ROPES certified. Zipline, anyone?
- Been part of a choral singing group since 11 years old
- Looooves fresh floral arrangements